Thursday, March 10, 2011

i AM a daughter of the King of Kings :)

Hi there! 
This is my first post, and I'm excited to get started. I'm kind of getting serious right off the bat. But it'll be ok, because some days I'll post 'not so serious' posts. But I'm just gonna talk about whats been going on in my life today! So, here it goes.


Today has been a back and forth day in a decision that I'm having to make. I'm having to decide whether or not I should sell my truck.  And yes, I do realize considering gas prices, it WOULD probably be the best thing to do right now. But this is where the hard part comes in for me. I'm attached to my truck. I don't want to sell it.  There are multiple reasons, but one mainly being that my truck makes me feel special. I feel like I can be somewhat described by my truck.  People that don't even know me, see me driving around town in a big white ford f-150 that says "Cowgirl Up" on the front and know something about me, and they can tell I'm not an ordinary girl. I'm different. And so with that, I feel like if I sold my truck, I would just become another girl driving around town that looks like all the rest, and I would lose my individuality.  Which my boyfriend, Chris, thinks is strange because why would I let how special I feel or find my individuality in a large piece of metal?  Well, that got me to thinking. As much as I'm attached to the description of me that my truck shows to others, what if I became as attached to showing people who I am, and who I long to be in Christ?  And stopped worrying about if people don't see me as different in what I drive, but when they meet me, they KNOW that I'm not normal because I have Christ living inside of me. But not only that, what if I stopped putting my sense of individuality or how special I am in a thing of this world, but I let the Lord fill me up and let me know that I am his daughter and out of all the people in the world, He knows ME by name, and to Him I am more special than anything in this world. Because HE died for me, and He loves me THAT MUCH.  God revealed all this to me as I was journaling tonight and asking God to give me peace about selling my truck.  Little did I know, not only would He tell me that it probably would be smart on my part, but that it would make me stop putting my worth in things of this world and what people or others think about me or view me as, and make me put my worth in Christ, and let Him let me know just how special I really am. Colossians 3:2 says "Set your mind on things above, not on worldly things." That was the truth that I needed to hear tonight. So as I start looking for cars, I'm going to remember that I'm worth more than the person my truck makes me out to be because I am a daughter of the King of Kings :)

No comments:

Post a Comment